Interactive Metronome also known as IM is an auditory-visual guidance system that is used in therapy to improve neurological processes of sequencing, motor planning and processing. The child attempts to match a range of computer-generated tones heard through the headphones to a rhythmic beat through hand and foot exercises for one hour sessions three to five times a week.
It trains the child to:
· Increase physical endurance and stamina
· Block out internal and external distractions.
· Helps monitor mental and physical actions as they are occurring
· Improves coordination
· Helps the child focus and concentrate longer
Some children that would benefit from IM are:
· Sensory Integration Disorders
· Autism Spectrum Disorder
· Cerebral Palsy
· Balance Disorders
· Brain Injury
· Non-Verbal Learning Disorders
For more Information on Interactive Metronome please visit the official site.